All fibre interferometer
The all fibre interferometer is unique in its use of
- multi-wavelength fibre laser, yielding a large dynamic range
- integrated optoelectronics and signal processing
- improvements to the 3 and 4-phase stepping algorithms previously used
- This was a collaborative project, partially supported by DST, between the microelectronics and the optics groups. The interferometer works in two modes.
- One measurement wavelength, has a maximum range of 773 nm with a resolution of approximately 30 nm
- Two measurement wavelengths, has a maximum range of 360 μm with a resolution of 20μm
Read more about it here.