Dr. Karamdeep Singh
Name of Mentor : Prof. Deepa Venkitesh
Year of Joining: 2018
Research Area: Space Division Multiplexing, Microwave Photonics, All-Optical Signal Processing
Position: Post Doctoral Fellow
- B.Tech. (ECE) - YCoE, Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab 2006-2010.
- M.Tech. (ECE) - UCoE, Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab 2010-2012.
- Ph. D - Department of ECE, Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab 2013-2018.
- Assistant Professor – BGIET, Punjab Technical University, Punjab (2012-2013).
- Assistant Professor – Department of Electronics Technology, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab (2014-2018).
- Project Scientist – Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Tamil Nadu (2018-2019).
- Institute Post Doctoral Fellow - Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Tamil Nadu (2019-2021).
- Post Doctoral Fellow - Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Tamil Nadu (2021-present).
I did my Master of Technology from Punjabi University, Patiala in Electronics and Communication Engineering in 2012. Thereafter, I joined the Department of Electronics Technology, Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar as an Assistant Professor in 2014. I have completed my Ph.D. from Punjabi University, Patiala in 2018. Then, I joined the Photonics group of IIT, Madras as Project Scientist under a MeiTy project. Presently I am working as an Institute Post Doctoral Fellow on Photonic Analog to Digital Converters (P-ADCs), application of Finite Difference Methods (FDM) in fiber optics and Gradient Descent Methods for modal decomposition in Few Mode Fibers (FMFs). In the past, I have designed various all-optical logic and computational modules based on 3rd order non-linear effects. In a broad sense, my areas of interest are All-optical signal processing (AOSP), Microwave Photonics and Few Mode-Fibers (FMFs). I am an active reviewer of the following Journals & Conferences:
1. Light: Science & Applications (I. F. - 17.782)
2. Nanophotonics (I. F. - 8.449)
3. Journal of Optics (I. F. - 2.516)
4. IEEE Photonics Journal (I. F. 2.443)
5. Optics Express (I. F. 3.894)
6. Chinese Optics Letters (I. F. - 2.448)
7. Optical & Quantum Electronics (I. F. - 2.084)
8. Optical Engineering (I. F. - 1.084)
9. MAPAN- Journal of Metrology Society of India (I. F. - 1.009)
10. International Journal of Communication Systems ( I. F.- 2.047)
11. Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials – Rapid Communications ( I. F.- 0.441)
12. International Journal of Optics (Hindawi) - ( I. F.- 1.033)
13. Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics - ( I. F.- 2.443)
14. Optical Fiber Technology - ( I. F.- 2.530)
15. Telecommunication Systems - ( I. F.- 2.314)
16. Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory - ( I. F.- 3.272)
17. Optics & Laser Technology (I. F. 3.867)
18. Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics (I. F. 1.917)
19. Journal of Optical Communications (Walter de Gruyter) - indexed in SCOPUS
20. SN Applied Sciences - indexed in Emerging SCI
21. Journal of Engineering, Design, and Technology (Emerald Insight) - indexed in SCOPUS & Emerging SCI
22. Journal of Physics Communications (IOPscience) - indexed in SCOPUS & Emerging SCI
23. Frontiers of Optoelectronics (Springer) - indexed in SCOPUS
24. TELKOMNIKA (Telecommunication Computing Electronics and Control) - indexed in SCOPUS.
25. Open Journal of Communication and Software.
26. Computer Engineering & Information Technology (SciTechnol)
27. Optics and Photonics Journal (SCRIP).
28. Academia Letters
29. Journal of Advances in Mathematics and Computer Science (ISSN: 2456-9968)
30. Archives of Current Research International (ISSN: 2454-7077)
31. International Journal of Business Innovation and Research (InderScience) - indexed in SCOPUS
32. 6th International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT – 15) held at Moti Lal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNIT), Allahabad, India on 25-27 September 2015.
33. 4th International Conference on Computer Science and Application Engineering 2020 (CSAE 2020) - Sanya, China (Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)).
34. 5th IEEE Workshop on Recent Advances in Photonics (WRAP-2022), Mumbai, India, 4-6 March 2022.
1. K. Singh, & G. Kaur. Interferometric architectures based all-optical logic design methods and their implementations. Optics & Laser Technology, 69, 122-132 (2015)(I. F. 3.867).https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0030399214003363.
2. K. Singh, G. Kaur, & M. L. Singh. A single As2Se3 chalcogenide highly non-linear fiber (HNLF) based simultaneous all-optical half-adder and half-subtracter. Optical Fiber Technology, 24, 56-63 (2015) (I. F. 2.530).https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1068520015000620
3. K. Singh, G. Kaur & M. L. Singh. Simultaneous all-optical half-adder, half-subtracter, comparator, and decoder based on nonlinear effects harnessing in highly nonlinear fibers. Optical Engineering, 55, 077104 (2016) (I. F. 1.084).https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/journals/Optical-Engineering/volume-55/issue-7/077104/Simultaneous-all-optical-half-adder-half-subtracter-comparator-and-decoder/10.1117/1.OE.55.7.077104.short?SSO=1
4. K. Singh, G. Kaur, M. L. Singh. Performance analysis of an all-optical half-subtracter based on XGM in SOA at 20 Gbps. Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials-Rapid Communications, 11, 189-196 (2017)(I. F. 0.441).https://oam-rc.inoe.ro/index.php?option=magazine&op=view&idu=2989&catid=101
5. K. Singh, G. Kaur, M. L. Singh. Enhanced performance of all-optical half-subtracter based on cross-gain modulation (XGM) in semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA) by accelerating its gain recovery dynamics. Photonic Network Communications, 34, 111-130 (2017)(I. F. 2.028).https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11107-016-0677-5
6. K. Singh, G. Kaur, M. L. Singh. A simultaneous all-optical half/full-subtraction strategy using cascaded highly nonlinear fibers. Journal of Modern Optics, 65, 465-479 (2018) (I. F. 1.464).https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09500340.2017.1401132
7. K. Singh, G. Kaur, & M. L. Singh. A cascadable all-optical half-subtracter based on cross-modulation effects in a single highly nonlinear fiber (HNLF). Optical and Quantum Electronics, 48, 418 (2016)(I. F. 2.084).https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11082-016-0692-x
8. K. Singh, G. Kaur, S. K. Singla and P. Kaur. Enhanced gain in S+ C band utilizing TDFA-FRA hybrid amplifier in cascaded and parallel configurations at reduced channel spacings for DWDM systems. Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 20, 27-32 (2018)(I. F. 0.587).https://joam.inoe.ro/index.php?option=magazine&op=view&idu=4184&catid=109
9. P. Kaur, K. Singh, S. Devra, G. Kaur, & M. L. Singh. Evaluation of Gain Spectrum of Silica-Based Single/Dual-Pumped Thulium-Doped Fiber Amplifier (TDFA) by Optimizing Its Physical and Pumping Parameters in the Scenario of Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexed Systems (DWDM). Journal of Optical Communications, 40, 353–362 (2019). (DOI: 10.1515/joc-2017-0100)https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/joc.ahead-of-print/joc-2017-0100/joc-2017-0100.xml
10. K. Singh, P. Kaur, S. Devra and G. Kaur. Evaluation of gain spectrum of dual/triple pumped fiber Raman amplifier (FRA) by optimizing its pumping parameters in the scenario of dense wavelength division multiplexed (DWDM) systems. Optik-International Journal of Light and Electron Optics, 176, 246-253 (2019) (I. F. 2.443) (DOI: 10.1016/j.ijleo.2018.09.067)https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0030402618313706
11. K. Singh, P. Kaur, S. K. Singla and G. Kaur. Performance evaluation of an all-optical multicasting strategy based on cross-gain modulation (XGM) in a single semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA). Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials-Rapid Communications, 14, pp. 29-36 (2020)(I. F. 0.441). https://oam-rc.inoe.ro/articles/performance-evaluation-of-an-all-optical-multicasting-strategy-based-on-cross-gain-modulation-xgm-in-a-single-semiconductor-optical-amplifier-soa/
12. K. Singh, P. Sharma, Suchita, A. Dixit, B. Srinivasan, R. D. Koilpillai and D. Venkitesh. Theoretical and experimental investigation of the sources of error in stochastic parallel gradient descent based digital modal decomposition technique. OSA Continuum, 4(7), pp. 1916 (2021). https://www.osapublishing.org/osac/abstract.cfm?doi=10.1364/OSAC.426431
1. K. Singh and G. Kaur. Radio Frequency Identification: Applications and Security Issues. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies, Rohtak, Haryana, January 2012, pp. 490-494. Scopus indexed. (ISBN- 978-0-7695-4640-7)https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/6168419
2. K. Singh, R. D. Koilpillai and D. Venkitesh. Modal Decomposition of a Three Mode Graded Index Few Mode Fiber (FMF) based on Stochastic Parallel Gradient Descent (SPGD) Algorithm. International Conference on Optics & Electro-Optics XLIII Symposium of Optical Society of India, to be held in IRDE, Dehradoon, Utrakhand, India on 19th-22nd October 2019. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-15-9259-1_45
3. K. Singh, Sreeraj S. J., Sai Vikas T. R., K. Kumar and D. Venkitesh. Influence of Optical Fiber Length on the Jitter Performance of Subsampled Photonic Downconverter for S-band RADAR Systems. 1st Colloquium on Integrated Microwave Photonics at 12th IEEE/IET International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks and Digital Signal Processing - CSNDSP 2020, to be held in Porto, Portugal (Online). on 20th-22nd July 2020, (Accepted). https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/9249606
4. K. Singh, Suchita and D. Venkitesh. Mode resolved bending loss measurement of few-mode fiber utilizing digital modal decomposition. OSA Advanced Photonics Congress 2020 - APC 2020, to be held Online. on 13th-16th July 2020, (Accepted). https://www.osapublishing.org/abstract.cfm?uri=SPPCom-2020-JTu3F.13
5. K. Singh, P. Sharma, B. Srinivasan, R. David Koilpillai and D. Venkitesh. Digital Modal Decomposition Based on Stochastic Parallel Gradient Descent Algorithm and its Validation. 14th Pacific Rim Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics 2020 - CLEO-PR 2020, to be held Online. on 3rd-5th August 2020, (Accepted). https://www.osapublishing.org/abstract.cfm?uri=CLEOPR-2020-P2_19
6. K. Singh, G. Kaur. Comparison of Random Early Detection (RED) Techniques for Congestion Control in Differentiated Services Networks Based on Packet Droppings. Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Next Generation Communication and Computing Systems (ICNGC2S-12), November 2012, Vadodara, Gujrat, India. https://bioinfopublication.org/files/articles/2_1_5_IJNN.pdf
7. K. Singh, Sreeraj S. J., Sai Vikas T. R., Krishna Kumar and D. Venkitesh. Demonstration of sub-Nyquist photonic sampled analog-to-digital converter for S-band RADAR systems. OSA Frontiers in Optics + Laser Science APS/DLS 2020 (FiO LS 2020), JTu1A.31 https://www.osapublishing.org/abstract.cfm?uri=LS-2020-JTu1A.31
8. Sreeraj S. J., K. Singh, B. Srinivasan, S. Christopher and D. Venkitesh. Simulation of a wideband frequency measurement using parallel photonic sub-Nyquist sampling and binary deduction. Asia Communications and Photonics Conference (ACP) (Accepted)
9. K. Singh,Sreeraj S. J., B. Srinivasan and D. Venkitesh. Influence of pulse repetition rate on SINAD performance of time-stretched photonic ADCs. IEEE Workshop on Recent Advances in Photonics 2020 (IEEE-WRAP-2020) (Communicated)
10. K. Singh, G. Kaur. Connection Admission Control Methods Based on Fuzzy Logic. Proceedings of 6th International Multi-Conference on Intelligent Systems and Nanotechnology (ISSN-2012), ISTK, Klawad, Haryana, March 2012, pp. 68-70.
11. K. Singh, G. Kaur. All-Optical Logic Design Techniques based on Sagnac Interferometers. Proceedings of 1st International Multi Track Conference on Sciences, Engineering and Technical Innovations (IMTC-14), organized by CTIEMT, Jalandhar on June 3 & 4, 2014, Vol. 1, pp. 146-150.
12. K. Singh, G. Kaur. Multi-Core Fibers: An Overview. Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Electronics and Communications (ICETEC-13), Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar held on 20-22 December 2013, pp. 224-228.
13. K. Singh, G. Kaur. Four-Wave Mixing (FWM) based All-Optical Logic Design Strategies. Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Research and Innovations in Engineering and Technology organized by Amritsar College of Engineering & Technology, Amritsar, India on December 2014, Vol. 1, pp. 40-45.
1. K. Singh, R. D. Koilpillai and D. Venkitesh. Digital Modal decomposition of a three mode graded index fiber based on stochastic parallel gradient decent (SPGD) algorithm. (Diary No. 5064/2021-CO/SW)(ROC No. SW-14676/2021)
2. K. Singh, B. Srinivasan and D. Venkitesh. Eigen mode solver for two-mode graded index few mode fiber (FMF) using finite difference method (FDM). (Diary No. 16534/2021-CO/SW) (ROC No. SW-14850/2021)
Membership of professional bodies
1. Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) - Life Member since 2012 (LM 86671).
2. Optical Society of America (OSA) - Early Career Member since 2020 (1664414).
Awards & Fellowships
1. Best paper award in 3rd International Conference on Next Generation Communication and Computing Systems (ICNGC2S-12), November 2012, Vadodara, Gujrat, India for the paper entitled “Comparison of Random Early Detection (RED) Techniques for Congestion Control in Differentiated Services Networks Based on Packet Droppings”.
2. Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF) by Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M).
1. Google Scholar - https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=yq2GGA4AAAAJ&hl=en&authuser=1
2. Research Gate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Karamdeep_Singh
3. Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-karamdeep-singh-6a048748/
4. Publons - https://publons.com/researcher/1335860/karamdeep-singh/.
6. academia.edu - https://iim.academia.edu/KaramdeepSingh
7. ORCiD - https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6215-920X