Areas of Interest:
Communication and Information theory
Statistical Signal processing
Click here. (updated July 2021)
Current Ph. D. Students:
1) M. R. Ramesh Kumar (jointly with D. Jalihal), Nokia
2) Gayathri R. Prabhu
3) Sreeram C. Sreenivasan
4) Safitha J. Raj (jointly with Andrew Thangaraj)
Current M.S. Students:
1) Sreeshma Shiv U K
P1) M. R. Raghavendra (Ph.D. 2008) (jointly with K. Giridhar). (Altiostar Networks, Inc. Bengaluru) Enhanced Channel Estimator for Multi-Antenna OFDM/OFDMA Systems in Specular Multipath Channels
P2) T. R. Ramya (Ph.D. 2010). (Centre of Excellence in Wireless Technology, IIT Madras) Adaptive multi-antenna systems with imperfect channel state information
P3) M. Bama (Ph.D. 2012) (jointly with A. Thangaraj).(Qualcomm, Chennai) Enhancing Information Flow in Wireless Networks Using Interference Processing
P4) Ragini Chaluvadi (M.S., Ph.D. 2019) (Qualcomm, Hyderabad) New Results on the Capacity of Gaussian Multiple Input Multiple Output Channels and Gaussian Interference Channels
P5) Silpa S. Nair (M.S., Ph.D. 2022) (Qualcomm, Hyderabad) On beamforming for the downlink of millimeter wave systems using partial interfering beam feedback
P6) Antony V. Mampilly (M.Tech., Ph.D. 2022) (Qualcomm, Hyderabad) On Cooperative Relaying for Multicarrier Diamond Relay Channels
M1) Chandrashekar Mohanram (M.S. 2006). Resource Allocation for a Multiuser OFDM Downlink
M2) A. P. Dileep (M.S. 2008). On the Feedback Requirements for Bit and Power Allocation in OFDM and Beamforming-Based MIMO-OFDM Systems
M3) C. Manikandan (M.S. 2009). Cross-Layer Scheduling for Wireless Systems under Channel Uncertainty
M4) Anil Kumar Chorppath (M.S. 2010). "Resource Allocation in Communication Networks When Users are Strategic."
M5) S. Balakrishna (M.S. 2012), Accord Systems, Bangalore. Coding Schemes for the Multiple Input Multiple Output Broadcast Channel (MIMO-BC).
M6) V. P. Sreekanth (M.S. 2014). Coordinate interleaving for non-orthogonal amplify and forward relaying.
M7) Vinay Hebbatam (M.S. 2014). Distributed resource allocation with strategic agents.
M8) Aparna V. Nampoothiri (M.S. 2016), ISRO, Thiruvananthapuram. Coordinate interleaved amplify-and-forward relaying with a multi-antenna relay.
VP1) Pannir Selvam Elamvazhuthi (PhD, IIT Bombay)
VP2) N Ranga Prasad (PhD, IISc Bangalore)
C1) Kothapalli Venkata Srinivas (PhD, IIT Madras)
C2) D Thirumulanathan (PhD, IISc Bangalore)
C3) Smaranika Swain (PhD, IIT Madras)
C4) Aditi Jain (MS, IIT Madras)
C5) Karthik Ravindran (PhD, IIT Madras)
C6) Nandita Lavanis (PhD, IIT Madras)
Project students (M.Tech., DD M.Tech., B.Tech.)
Rajesh Sundaresan, IISc Bangalore
Aditya Gopalan, IISc Bangalore
Bikash Kumar Dey, IIT Bombay
A. Chockalingam, IISc Bangalore
Ashutosh Sabharwal, Rice University
Pramod Viswanath, UIUC
Venugopal V. Veeravalli, UIUC
Arun Pachai Kannu
R. David Koilpillai
Radha Krishna Ganti
1) High Speed Packet Data Communications over Wireless Channels, Centre for Industrial Consultancy and Sponsored Research, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Nov 2003 - Oct 2006
2) Resource Allocation for Multi-Terminal Wireless Communication Systems, Department of Science and Technology (DST) -- SERB, July 2007 - Jan 2011, Collaborative project with Rajesh Sundaresan, Department of ECE, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
3) Advanced Air-interface Techniques: OFDM, MIMO, and Co-operative Communications, IU-ATC project, Co-investigator with K. Giridhar, June 2009 - June 2012.
4) Capacity and Design of LDPC Codes for Bidirectional Relaying, Renesas Mobile, Co-investigator with Andrew Thangaraj, since June 2010 - July 2012.
5) Network Resource Allocation in the Presence of Strategic Users, Department of Science and Technology (DST) -- SERB, Nov 2011 - Nov 2014, Collaborative project with Rajesh Sundaresan, Department of ECE, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
6) Medium Access Control for MANETs, CDAC, Thiruvananthapuram, Jan 2015 - Jun 2015. Co-investigator: Venkatesh Ramaiyan.
7) Learning Algorithms for Search in Structured Environments, Department of Science and Technology (DST) -- SERB, Mar 2017 - Mar 2020, Collaborative project with Rajesh Sundaresan, Department of ECE, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
8) Design Review of 5G wireless modem, WiSig Networks Pvt Ltd, Mar 2018 - Mar 2020.
9) Self-Learning Wireless Receiver Design, Nokia, Jun 2018 - May 2020.
D-S. Shiu, P. Durga Malladi, S. Bhashyam, ``Noise and channel estimation using low spreading factors,'' U.S. Patent 7,254,170, August 7, 2007.