Department of Electrical Engineering
Bio: Krishna Jagannathan obtained his B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering from IIT Madras in 2004, and the S.M. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2006 and 2010 respectively. During 2010-2011, he was a visiting post-doctoral scholar in Computing and Mathematical Sciences at Caltech, and an off-campus post-doctoral fellow at MIT. Since November 2011, he has been an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Madras. He worked as a consultant at the Mathematical Sciences Research Center, Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ in 2005, an engineering intern at Qualcomm, Campbell, CA in 2007, and a summer research fellow at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India in 2003. His research interests lie in the stochastic modeling and analysis of communication networks, transportation networks, network control, and queuing theory.
Alumni Blog Interview
January 2012: Stochastic Modeling and the theory of Queues (Teaching score based on student feedback = 0.990 on 1)
July 2012: (i) Probability Foundations (Teaching score based on student feedback = 0.952 on 1)
(ii) Networks: Models, Theory and Algorithms (Self-Study elective) with Prof. Andrew Thangaraj
January 2013: Stochastic Modeling and the theory of Queues (Teaching score based on student feedback = 0.953 on 1) (EE 6001)
July 2013: Probability Foundations (EE 5110) (Teaching score based on student feedback = 0.956 on 1)
January 2014: Convex Optimization (EE5121) (Teaching score based on student feedback = 0.946 on 1)
July 2014: Probability Foundations (EE 5110)
Ph.D.: Ravi Kolla, Peruru Subrahmanya Swamy, Gopal Krishna Kamath, Debayani Ghosh
M.S.: Aseem Sharma, Ravina Gelda
Other Professional Activities:
· TPC co-chair, WiOpt 2015 (Mumbai), along with Francois Baccelli (UT Austin) and Atilla Eryilmaz (Ohio State University)
· Workshop co-chair (with Gaurav Raina), Intelligent Transportation Systems Workshop, Bangalore, January 2015.
· Technical program committees (TPC) of international conferences: IFIP Performance 2011 (Amsterdam), MOBIHOC 2012 (SC, USA), COMSNETS 2013, 2014, 2015 (Bangalore), WiOpt 2013 (Tsukuba, Japan), ICC 2014 (Sydney, Australia), ICC 2015 (London, UK), WiOpt 2014 (Tunisia), NCC 2014 (Kanpur, India), SPCOM 2014 (Bangalore)
· Workshop Chair for MOBIHOC 2013 (Bangalore), along with Aditya Gopalan.
· Publications chair for WiOpt 2014 (Tunisia)
· Routinely review for several IEEE journals such as Transactions on Networking, Information Theory, Wireless Communications, Automatic Control, Wireless communication letters, signal processing letters, etc.
· IEEE Member, ACM Member