IIT Madras invites applications from motivated candidates for research associate positions working on cutting edge research in the area of analog and mixed signal VLSI design, in the Department of Electrical Engineering. This programme is a joint initiative by IIT Madras and Texas Instruments India Pvt Limited ("TII") which brings together expert faculty and a strong academia-industry interface. Research associates will be eligible for admission in the Master of Science (MS) Programme (by research), subject to the norms and admission criteria of IIT Madras.
- Associates in this programme will work on relevant industrial problems, and will have the opportunity to intern at TII. The research will be supervised jointly by faculty from IIT Madras and TII.
- Candidates will be selected based on a written test and interview conducted by IIT Madras.
- The selected students will receive minimum emoluments of Rs. 20,000/- per month throughout the programme.
- The students selected to the program will receive a provisional non binding employment offer from TII at the time of joining the course.
- Want to work on challenging projects in Analog/Mixed Signal IC Design
- Are passionate about circuit & system design
- Want to design and fabricate your own IC and see it work!
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications engineering (or allied disciplines) with an aggregate of 65% (up to the final semester; if the final semester results are not yet announced, up to the seventh semester).
- Have scored at least 650 out of 1000 in GATE(EC or EE in 2012 or 2013[old formula]).
- GATE requirement is waived for IIT BTech students with a cumulative grade point average(CGPA) or 8 or higher.
The coordinators of this research programme have the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum described in this announcement.
Applications will be accepted from 15th March 2013. The application form will be inaccessible till then.Applications to this program are now closed. Last date for submitting applications: 29th March 2013 (The website will close at 5pm)Applications to this program are now closed. Notification to shortlisted candidates: 31st March 2013 (Email notification will be sent to the address provided).Applicants with GATE score of at least 650 and an aggregate percentage of at least 65 have been selected. Selected candidates have been sent emails regarding the test and interview. Selected candidates must follow the instructions at the link sent with the email. If you met the norms mentioned above, but did not receive an email, contact
- Test and Interview: 15th April 2013, at the Dept. of Electrical Engg. IIT Madras.
- New: Second date for test and tnterview: 31st May 2013, at the Dept. of Electrical Engg. IIT Madras.
- The FAQ link has a lot of information. Do be sure to read it. For any other queries regarding the TI research associateship programme, send an email to