Dr. Kaushik Mitra leads the Computational Imaging lab at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras. He is an Assistant Professor in the department of Electrical Engineering, IITM. Before joining IITM, he was a postdoctoral research associate with Ashok Veeraraghavan at ECE department of Rice University. Here, he worked on framework for analysis of Computational Imaging (CI) systems. Prior to that, he earned his Ph.D in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Maryland, College Park, where his research focus was on the development of statistical models and optimization algorithms for computer vision problems. Currently, his research interests are in computational imaging, computer vision and machine learning.
Dr. Balasubramanyam AppinaI am a Postdoctoral Fellow candidate and I joined the Computational Imaging Lab at IIT Madras in 2019. My research interests are multimedia quality assessment and display technologies. I completed my M.Tech and Ph.D. from IIT Hyderabad.
Prasan A Shedligeri
I am 2nd year Ph.D. student at the Electrical Engineering dept., IIT Madras. I joined the Computational Photography Lab in July 2016. I am currently working on deep learning based algorithms for coded aperture photography. My research interests include Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Computational Imaging.
Gopi Raju Matta
I am a Regular Ph.D. Student with Dr. Kaushik Mitra in the department of Electrical Engineering, IITM. I joined Computational Imaging Lab in July 2017. Prior to that, I got M.Tech from IIEST Shibpur in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and B.Tech from IIIT Nuzvid in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Currently, my research Interests are in Computational Imaging, Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
Salman Siddique Khan
I am a 1st year Ph.D. candidate working under Dr. Kaushik Mitra in the Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Madras. My research area includes computational imaging, image processing and deep learning. In particular, I work on developing reconstruction and design algorithms for lensless imaging systems. Prior to this, I obtained my B.Tech from NIT Rourkela.
I am a 1st year PhD student working on Plenoptic Cameras. Currently I am working on designing memory efficient Neural Nets for images captured via Plenoptic Cameras. Before joining IIT Madras I did my masters from IIT Gandhinagar in Image Signal Processing.
Sharath M S
I am currently a M.S student working jointly under Prof. Mohanasankar Sivaprakasam and Prof. Kaushik Mitra. My research interests are Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Medical Image Analysis and Inverse Problems. Prior to this, I was a research fellow at Indian Institute of Science (IISc) where I worked in the field of Medical Imaging and Image Processing.
Renju P B
I'm an MS research scholar under Prof. Kaushik Mitra. I'm currently working on an Hand Gesture Recognition Technology using IMUs and BLE. My broad areas of interest include Computational Imaging, Computer Vision and other future technologies for better Human Machine Interaction.
I am a 2nd year M.S. student working under the guidance of Prof. Kaushik Mitra. My research interests are computational imaging, image processing and low-level computer vision. Prior to IITM, I worked at Centre for Development of Telematics (CDOT), Bangalore as a Research Engineer for a year. I completed my B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering from VNIT, Nagpur.
- Anil Kumar Vadathya (MS by research), now Research Engineer at Rice University
- Chinni Chaitanya (Dual Degree), currently Data Scientist at FoodStreet.in
- Ketul Shah (Dual Degree), currently MS in ECE at University of Maryland
- Dhruv Kumar (Dual Degree), currently Senior Software Engineer at Samsung Research Institute, Bengaluru
- Lokesh Boominathan (Project Associate), currently PhD in ECE at Rice University
- Mayug M (Dual Degree), currently AI scientist at Qure.ai
- Raunak Kalani (Dual Degree), currently Data and Applied Scientist at Microsoft, Bengaluru
- Rahul B (B.Tech), currently Research Fellow at IIIT Hyderabad
- Akshat Dave (Dual Degree), currently PhD in ECE at Rice University
- Dilip Chakravarthy (Dual Degree), currently MS in CS at Univ. of Massachusetts
- Avinash Mudamala (Dual Degree), currently Software Analyst at Anheuser-Busch InBev, Bengaluru
- Bimal Vinod (M.Tech), back to HAL Bengaluru as Systems Engineer
- Stefanie Anna Baby (B.Tech), currently MS in CS at Stanford University
- Sreyas Mohan (B.Tech), currently PhD with Center for Data Science at NYU
- Saikiran Cholleti (B.Tech), currently software engineer at Symantec, Bengaluru
- Susmitha AV (B.Tech), currently associate engineer at Qualcomm, Hyderabad
- Sarath Mutnuru (B.Tech), currently software analyst at JP Morgan, Mumbai