- The Speech Processing Lab headed by Prof. S. Umesh in the Department of Electrical
Engineering at IIT Madras is seeking applications for the post of Project Associate. They will
be working on Natural Language Translation Mission (NLTM) of the Govt. of India. The
objective is to develop Indian Language technology systems and products and deploy them in the
field with the help of start-ups. Prof. Umesh is leading the Automatic Speech Recognition part of
the project. The candidate’s day to day role would involve building state of the art ASR
Systems in Indian languages using deep learning ideas including sequence-to-sequence
modelling based on CTC, transformers,wav2vec, BERT and GPT as well as conventional DNN, CNN and
REQUIRED SKILLS : Python, Deep Learning and PyTorch
DURATION : 1 year
No of Positions : 3
WHO CAN APPLY :
- Applicants who have B.E./B.Tech or higher degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Have prior knowledge and experience with Deep Learning related problems.
- Experience with pytorch.
- Available for a time period of one year starting from April 2021.
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS :
- Having in-depth knowledge of fields such as Speech Processing, NLP (Natural
Language Processing) or Vision
- Should be comfortable with working remotely.
- Comfortable in using Linux, git.
Salary : Commensurate with experience under IITM rules
Contact : Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Last Date: 20 April 2021 (rolling advertisement until positions are filled)