Compound Semiconductors – Properties & Applications – EE5342
- Properties of most widely used compound semiconductors e.g. GaAs, InP, GaN and comparison with silicon.
- Technology of Compound Semiconductor devices with emphasis on crystal growth, MOCVD, MBE, Ion-implantation, etching and metallization.
- Problems of MOS devices on GaAs and InP
- Heterojunction devices e.g. HEMT and HBT on different material systems
- Optoelectronic devices e.g. solar cells, photodetectors, LEDs and LASERs on compound semiconductor platforms
VLSI Fabrication Principles by S.K.Ghandhi, Wiley 2008
High-Speed Semiconductor Devices ed S.M.Sze, Wiley 1990
Physics of Semiconductor Devices by Michael Shur, PHI, 1995
Optoelectronics and Photonics by S.O. Kasap, Pearson, 2009
Nitride Semiconductor Devices ed J.Piprek, Wiley-VCH, 2009