Introduction to Plastic Electronics – EE5346
Title : Introduction to Plastic Electronics
Course No :EE5346
To give an exposure to the basics of Plastic Electronics, a topical field of study, involving electronic and optoelectronic devices those are compatible to the flexible substrates, enabling inexpensive processing techniques, mechanically flexible and less power consumption.
(1) Historical Background; Objectives and scopes; Basics of organic semiconductors (2) Localized Charge Transport; Concept of Polaron (3) Organic Electronic Devices: Diodes (4) Organic Field-Effect Transistors: Charge transport (5) Optoelectronic properties of Organic Semiconductors (6) Organic LED; Organic Light Emitting Transistors; Phosphorescent LED (7) Organic Solar Cells (8) Organic Photo-FET: Charge generation, recombination and transport (9) Organic TFT Chemical sensors (10) Brief introduction to frontier area of oxide semiconductors and graphene as the potential materials for plastic electronics
Text Books :
- S.-S. Sun, L. R. Dalton, “Introduction to Organic Electronic and Optoelectronic Materials and Devices”, (Editor), CRC Press, 2008.
- F. So, “Organic Electronics: Materials, Processing, Devices and Applications”, CRC Press, 2009.
- I. Kymissis, “Organic Field Effect Transistors: Theory, Fabrication and Characterization (Integrated Circuits and Systems)”, Springer, 2009.
- K. Müllen, U. Scherf, “Organic Light Emitting Devices: Synthesis, Properties and Applications”, John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
- S.-S. Sun, N. S. Sariciftci, “Organic photovoltaics: mechanism, materials, and devices,” Taylor & Francis, 2005.
- S. M. Sze, “Physics of Semiconductor Devices”, John Wiley and Sons.
- Literature: Journal and Conference papers, Articles, Review