Geometric Nonlinear control theory – EE6419
Title : Geometric Nonlinear control theory
Course No : EE6419
- Introduction. What is a nonlinear system? Characteristic examples. Limitations of linearization. Nonlinear input-output maps.
- Mathematical Preliminaries: Manifolds, Tangent spaces, vector fields.
- Controllability and observability. Lie brackets; rank conditions, relations with controllability and observability of linearized systems, examples.
- State space transformations and feedback. State feedback, feedback linearization, computed torque control of robot manipulators, observer design, and examples.
- Decoupling problems. Disturbance and input-output decoupling, tracking, geometrical formulation and controlled invariant distributions, examples.
- Stability and stabilization. Stabilization and linearization, stabilization of non-controllable critical eigenvalues, zero dynamics and decoupling problems with stability, passivity-based control, discontinuous feedback, examples.
- Nonlinear dynamical control systems by Henk Nijmeijer and Arjan van der Schaft
- Nonlinear control systems by Alberto Isidori