Our department was established in 1959. We currently have about 1000 students, 60 faculty members, 30 supporting staff members and 2 post-doctoral fellows with us.
We perform a variety of research work from absolute fundamentals to component design to system integration to deployment/commercialisation. We have strong industry interaction and have been involved in development of state-of-art products. We house extensive fabrication, calibration and testing facilities for carrying out academic projects, sponsored research and consultancy projects.