Analog and Digital Filters – EE4131
Title : Analog and Digital Filters
Course No : EE4131
Credits : 3
- The Laplace Transform and its inverse, Causality and Stability, Positive Real Functions. Synthesis of lossless one port networks using LC ladders. Synthesis of lossless two-port networks.
- Introduction to filters and filter specifications. The Butterworth, Chebyshev and Bessel filters and their realisation. Analog filter design.
- Sampling; The Digital filter problem. IIR Filter design using the impulse invariant and bilinear transformation methods. The poles and zeros of the Butterworth and Chebyshev digital filter equivalents. Realisation of Digital IIR filters.
- Tradeoffs between aliasing and complexities of Analog filter realisations
- FIR Filter Design: Exactly linear phase filters. Windowing methods. Kaiser window and its properties. Filter design using Kaiser window
- Intro to optimal FIR Filter design
Text Books :
- Franklin F. Kuo, Network Analysis and Synthesis, 2nd Ed, Wiley Student Edition (2001).
- Discrete-Time Signal Processing by Alan V. Oppenheim and Ronald W. Schafer, 3rd edition, 2010, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ.